The Vickers Wellington was a British twin-engine basic WWII night bomber. After October 1940 it was also used by the Polish aviation in Great Britain. This extremely successful plane was produced from 1937 until the end of the war in 1945. It was created in many different variants which differed in equipment but not in the basic design. Due to their low maneuverability, the Wellingtons flew mainly at night. They were also perfect for coastal patrolling and as submarine hunters. Additionally they were famous for their high resistance to damage sustained in combat.
The British Vickers Wellington bomber was precisely reproduced from COBI construction blocks in 1:37 scale. The plane is 53 cm long and has a wingspan of 71.5 cm. The design of such a huge model required the use of 1,162 bricks. The set also includes precise prints that do not rub off during intense play. History enthusiasts will appreciate the printed historical markings of the 305 Bomber Squadron of the Wielkopolska Region and Lidzka Marshal Józef Piłsudski. There is even nose art of a Duck carrying a bomb! The plane has rotating propellers, folding wheels and an open cabin, in which you can place the two pilots included in the set. The hatch on the bottom of the plane opens and you can place bombs inside! The whole set is completed with a plate with the name of the set printed on it.
This huge block bomber model is not only a lot of fun to build, but it’s also an appointment with a moment in time. Build history, piece by piece, with COBI!
• 1,162 high-quality parts
• Produced in the EU by a company with over 20 years of tradition
• Meets the safety standards for products for children
• Fully compatible with other brands of construction blocks
• Blocks with prints do not scratch or smear and do not fade while playing or under the influence of temperature
• Clear and intuitive instructions based on illustrations and step-by-step directions
• 100% prints, no stickers
• Two figures of pilots
• A plate with the name of the set